(These are all book-based)
1. The first character I first fell in love with
Gandalf. From his first appearance in Fellowship during my first reading of LOTR (grade school)I was enthralled by every aspect of his character.
2. The character I never expected to love as much as I do now
Boromir. Every time I re-read, I realize that he is less of a douchey jock-type and more a truly honorable man who wanted to serve his people, and like so many men before him, fell under the evil of a magic ring. His death is just so beautiful and redeeming. This is an example of where the liberties the film took were really great, in my opinion, with Boromir’s last words: “I would have followed you, my brother. My captain. My king.”
3. The character everyone else loves that I don’t
Not really applicable? There are no characters I genuinely dislike.
4. The character I love that everyone else hates
5. The character I used to love but don’t any longer
Also not applicable.
6. The character I would totally smooch
7. The character I’d want to be like
Sam. Sam is undoubtedly my favorite character. Also Faramir.
8. The character I’d slap
Denethor, because fuck that guy. I take back what I said about not disliking any characters.
9. A pairing that I love
Faramir and Éowyn. Even though part of me has always wished Aragorn and Éowyn would’ve fallen in love, F + E is still excellent and lovely.
10. A pairing that I despise